miércoles, 2 de diciembre de 2009

Writings


PROFILE

My name's Sergi and I've been blind since I was three years old. When I was younger I had to learn special skills, like reading Braille with my fingers. I'm at High School now. I'm studying 4th of ESO.

Life is a bit different for me sometimes. For example, I can't drive so I always need a chauffeur. I can't see what I'm wearing so sometimes I go to the street with strange colors. I also have a special programme on my computer which is called screen-reader.

There are some things which annoy me. For example when people which are not blind talk about going the cinema or something like this because I can't go.

A FORMAL LETTER

C/Del revardit nº14B
Fontcoberta
17833
January, 15th of 2010

The mayor
The city council
11 Major Street
Fontcoberta
17833

Dear Sir/Madam
I am writing to complain about a problem that I had yesterday when I was arriving home.

I believe that is not serious that when I was in my house I saw a paper that says that we won't have electricity tomorrow. I think that the city council has to warn the people who live in the town before. It's important because some people could be outside and don't know it.

I would be very interested in knowing your plans for the future.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Sergi Molina

A DISCUSSION ESSAY

Internet and books

Internet have changed the world in the last 50 years. Before the internet was invented, find information used to be more difficult. These days it is easy to find information by internet.

Books, on the other hand, are simpler and they can give you information too, but they are more expensive and they can be boring.

All in all, I think that the internet is a better invention, because it is more useful and in the future it will be loaded of more information.

No hay comentarios: