miércoles, 25 de noviembre de 2009

Speakings

MAKING AN APPOINTMENT

Mario. Hello, Mario's hairdresser's. Mario speaking. How can I help you?
Sam. Hello, I'd like to get a hair cut, please.
Mario. That's no problem. When would you like to make an appointment?
Sam. Saturday, please.
Mario. Sorry, but there aren't any appointments on Saturday. Is Monday OK for you? At eleven o'clock?
Sam. No, sorry. I need an appointment on Saturday.
Mario. Well, you could always try The Cutting Room opposite.
Sam. And what's the number?
Mario. It's 9618760. Ask for Miguel - he's very good.
Sam. 9618760. OK. I'll phone him now. Thanks for your help.
Mario. That's OK. Bye.




RETURNING A PRODUCT

Ryan. Excuse me.
Assistant. Hello. How can I help you?
Ryan. I'd like to return this T-shirt, please.
Assistant. OK. What's the problem with it?
Ryan. Well, I bought it for my cousin but it's too big.
Assistant. Do you want a smaller size?
Ryan. There aren't any more. I've already checked.
Assistant. I see. Have you got a receipt?
Ryan. Yes, here you are.
Assistant. Thaks. Well, you can choose another one, or I can give you a refund.
Ryan. I'll have a refund, please. My cousin can come in and choose something different.



DESCRIBING AN OBJECT

Woman. Hello. How can I help you?
Katy. I've lost my coat. Has anyone handed one in?
Woman. A coat? How does it look like?
Katy. It's red and a bit faded.
Woman. OK. Wait on a minute. I'll go and have a look.
Katy. Thanks.
Woman. No, sorry. I'm afraid no one has handed anything like that in. Where did you last have it?
Katy. I think I left it on that chair.
Woman. What was in it? Have you got the receipt?
Katy. Yes, my purse was in the pocket, and I had 2o pounds in it.
Woman. Well, leave your name and number and I'll contact you if it turns up.



INVITATIONS AND EXCUSES
Josh. Have you seen this, Clare? David Blaine is doing a magic show at the Victoria Theatre next week.
Clare. Cool! I'd really like to see him. When is it on?
Josh. Next Saturday. It starts at 7 p.m.
If you like, I'll get some tickets.
Clare. Wait... Oh no! I'd love to go but I can't. I'm going away on Saturday. My cousin is getting merried.
Josh. You could always try to think about it.
Clare. I don't think they'd like that. Do you fancy going together, because it's a family occasion.
Josh. Wait. There's another show on Wednesday.
Clare. We can go there.
Josh. OK. Bye.

No hay comentarios: