miércoles, 18 de noviembre de 2009

Speaking

TALKING ABOUT PHOTOS

Dan. Are those photos of your family, Oscar?
Oscar. Yes, they're quite old.
Dan. Can I have a look?
Oscar. If you like. But don't laugh!
Dan. This a nice photo! Your parents look really young. How old is the photo?
Oscar. I'm not sure. My grandmother took it.
Dan. Who's that little girl on the right?
Oscar. Girl? That's me!
Dan. Oh, sorry!

GREETING AND NEWS

Chris. Julie! How are you?
Good to see you around again.
Julie. I know. I've been away for a few weeks.
Chris. Really? Where have you been?
Julie. I've been to Norway with seven other people.
Chris. Norway? What were you doing there?
Julie. We were helping some scientists there.
Chris. Cool, How have you been?
Julie. Freezing! But it was an incredible experience. What about you? I haven't seen you for ages.
Chris. Not bad., but iI haven't done anything interesting like you.
Julie. Anyway. I'd better go. I've got geography now.
Chris. Ok. What was it like.

SUGGESTIONS

Jake. What's that?
Lily. It's a really cool game called "Fatal". You have to shoot all these monsters. Oh no! I've died again.
Jake. Can I have a look?
Lily. Of course. Why don't you try it?
Jake. No, thanks. I'm not into playing games like that. They're too violent.
Lily. Well, you could always play something different. I've got loads of games.
Jake. I know. But you always beat me. How about going outside?
Lily. But it's raining. Hey, why don't we play a game online. Then we can play together.
Jake. Ok. It's a deal!

No hay comentarios: